Saturday, November 04, 2006

Dear Reader: Could You Help This Poor Man?

I received the following email the other day. I think this is a serious request. After all, his claim to be a solicitor is borne out by his Hong Kong email address and the telltale, missing period after "Mr".

Unfortunately, indigent that I am, I am unable to oblige Mr. Douglas. Therefore, I beseech you, dear reader (or readers, as I like to think in my more optimistic moments), to come to his assistance in my stead. And who knows, it could prove to be as beneficial as that occasion you came to the aid of the relatives of that unfortunate Nigerian general who came to an untoward end.

Since this gentleman is a solicitor, the legal profession, particularly that in Hong Kong, bears, I believe, a particular responsibility to look into the plight of Mr. Larry Douglas and the estate of the deceased.


From: larry02douglas@yahoo.com.hk
Subject: Greetings
Date: Thu, 02 Nov 2006 19:28:51 -0800 (PST)

Greetings,

Before I start, I must firstly, apologize for this unsolicited proposal to you.I am aware that this is certainly an unconventional approach to starting a relationship, but as time goes on you will realize the need for my action.

My name is Mr Larry Douglas, Solicitor to Gerald Welsh, who died with his wife in an air crash on the 31st October 1999 in an Egyptian airline flight990. Before the death of Gerald Welsh, he maintained a fixed deposit account with a Financial services Company here in Europe(details of which I will disclose to you later).

Based on this discovery, I now seek your permission to have you stand in as a next of kin to the deceased, as all documentations will be carefully worked out by me for the release of these funds all amounting to the tune of(US15,340,000.00) to any nominated account of your choice. Contact me immediately through email.

Regards,
Mr Larry Douglas

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home